Tuesday, December 15, 2009

L4D2



The new Survivors, with more flava than ever!

I gotta say that I was pretty surprised, probably like every other fan out there of Left 4 Dead, when Valve announced Left 4 Dead 2. However, unlike other fans of the zombie shooter game, I was not the least outraged by this little piece of news.

Well, I'm not here today to address the community's feelings on this news, but rather, I am here today to tell you how motherfucking kick ass this game is!

First off, they've improved everything, from weapons, to maps, to the gameplay, to content, to... I don't know! You can definitely notice brief pauses in the 1st game between each crescendo event and parts where you need to switch somethin on that will set the horde nuts. In L4D2, the action is non-stop, past the 1st quarter of the map, your trigger finger never gets a break, unless of course you switch over to one of the many interesting melee weapons. My faves? The axe, 'cause it's just classic, the chainsaw, 'cause it's just Doom's style baby and the katana, 'cause that's just what zombies need to learn that it doesn't pay to mess with the living!

The campaigns are plentiful and this time it does actually have a story more so than the last one. However, as before, character development is all done with in-game dialouge and in the 1st campaign you actually get to hear the survivors introduce themselves to each other. How far have I gone in the campaigns? A'ite... I'm currently working on the very final stage, The Bridge of The Parish campain. Can't wait to actually finish that shit!

Voice acting, peh... it's not even an issue. Everyone sounds alright and pretty accurate. The characters themselves are pretty interesting, though I have to say that Rochelle might have been a ho before.

*roll on drum snare*

My favourite campaign has gotta be this one...



"You must be this tall... to DIE!"

The final maps leading up to the *cough* Maybe I shouldn't reveal anymore and just let you guys pick this up and try it out for yourself. Ring me up for a game on GG anytime, lads.

Peace.

P.S: Totally off topic but I believe that my prediction of everyone going back to their own lives is coming true, but... I really don't like this. Funnily enough, I don't miss you as much as I miss...

No comments: