Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mecha Gone Quirky



"Eeee-vaaa?" For a sentient robot, he's quite retarded if you think about it

When I hear the word "robot", my mind flashes to the arsenal-heavy Gundams and Power Rangers. Any other interpretation would be seriously wrong in my head. For some odd reason, I accepted an invitation to go watch Wall-E. We've all been pestered incessantly by those dumb-ass "try-to-be-cute" commercials that Disney keeps bombarding us with. Felt like some idiot kept giving me disgusting pictures of lalamuis posing with their infamous signs. With people like this, I wonder why gun regulation in M'sia shouldn't be lighter. I would love to unload a clip or two, just in the kneecaps. Nothing fatal. I'm kind, what can I say?

*grin*

Anyways, I've careened off the cliff again. Wall-E is a character that I've seen one too many times, pre-programmed robot gaining sentience and feelings. A tried and tested formula in many fields of fiction, to be really honest, but Pixar took him on another old path and succeeded by amazing us with incredibly spectacular computer graphics, a sad but humorous future of humans, a watered down enviromental message and a script that only a mediocre comedy writer with a knack for trading his skills for a nice stash of pot could write.

Wall-E is pretty much a non-stop action-adventure-romantic comedy that keeps the laughs and oohs and ahhs coming. You're pretty much giggling, oogling the amazing graphics or on the edge of your seat most of the time for this movie.

Ol' Spiky's Rating: 3.7/5 - I don't know what's up with the 0.7, I just thought a 4 was too much and 3.5 too little.

Bottomline is that it's a movie you bring your kids to, your pre-pubescent siblings and your girlfriend which you still wonder how she got through high school while thinking that Santa will come through her chimney next Christmas. I don't know about you, but I was in it for the graphics. Wall-E is one hell of a horny bastard if you ask me.

*wink*

Don't think too much about it. Either download it to pass time or spend some money and enjoy with someone else. Peace out y'all.

No comments: