Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Awesome~ Another Public Holiday

Well, not that it matters as I have, say… a month left before VU restarts. I think it was a rather predictable and well-placed move to have Thaipusam declared a public holiday. His reasons being related to traffic jams were somewhat lame in my opinion but nevertheless logical. I would say he’s doing this ‘cause of recent *ahem* happenings in the country. Wouldn’t blame him for trying to keep his head off the chopping block, eh? All I can remember about Thaipusam is heaps of rubbish nearby temple areas and self-mutilation *ahem*, I mean, surrendering yourself to your god and mind over matter and all that jazz. Is it the one with the fire walking as well or was that something else? Ah well, whatever.

Epic Movie 2

Or as the producers and marketers prefer to call it, Meet The Spartans. Mainly this is due to the flop of the first epic movie.

It was actually WORSE than Narnia! *GOD DAMN*

It’s coming out this Friday, it memory serves me right. I hope to catch it within a week’s time. So far the trailer seems awesome, centering around 300 and spoofing various movies along the way, Stomp the Yard, Spidey 3 and Happy Feet, to name a few. They also pull no punches for the reality TV series, such as The Apprentice, America’s Next Top Model and American Idol. There are 2 trailers I’ve seen so far. All depicting “Leonidas” kicking as much people as possible into the pit, like that Indian American Idol contestant nutcase with outlandish hair and of course, a Britney Spears look-a-like. Hopefully it won’t fail to please.

You can check them trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30sLthVn5k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwFwz40syJk&feature=related

Oh right, I’m heading to Sunway for a *short* visit coming Monday. This time, mum-approved. She caught me the last time I went and the outcome of the lecture was MUCH, MUCH better than I hoped for.

Peace out y’all.

No comments: