Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Skimmin’ Right Along



Minimum amount of cloth? Check. Rain? Check. Oh right.

Damn… I’m really going through these movies! I just watched Step Up 2 with the pipes yesterday. Absolutely awesome movie. Let’s take a quick recap. Everyone remember the 1st Step Up? Good.

The 2 main lead characters had obviously no chemistry at all. They both looked and danced as though they were forced to dance with a very ugly aunt during a wedding that they never wanted to attend in the 1st place. The story was so-so and overall, the dances were far from the level that You Got Served had set for all other dance movies.

Now, this movie, Step Up 2: The Streets… is the real deal, holmes. The lead chick, Briana Evigan is TIGHT.

Choiy.
The whole pak-ghage.
Hello legs, ass, tits and face~


I first saw her on the poster and thought the lead actress was a Latino chick. That would’ve been good as well but though Briana was a white chick, she still has that kick-ass body. Only flaw was the infamous “pancake butt” that Dave Chapelle keeps insisting that white women are plagued with.

The other characters were basically just there for the dance crew purposes but nevertheless nothing short of amazing. I was seriously wondering one part, though. Chase Collins, the lead male of the film, at one point points out all the crew members that might have a use for them. These people all have different skills of dance and the such but in the end, I felt they were all conformed to one style.

The movie just makes you wanna dance, man. The songs are all really thumping with beats and everything. Whatever that you might expect from a dance movie’s right there. While I was there in the cinema, I swear I saw some people trying hard not to bop and bounce along to the beat. Hahaha… I was definitely one of those people.

Anyways, enough trash talk. Watch the movie for the dancing, not the storyline. It’s nearly non-existent and you shouldn’t bother looking for one. You did buy those tickets to see good dancing, innit? And don’t give me that value for money bullshit. You damn well know what this’s about.

Rating from ‘Ol Spiky: 4/5

I would’ve given it a 5 if it was a hot Latino chick with more junk in the trunk leading the pack but instead they chose a hot white chick that can dance and actually has chemistry (or just has plain good acting skills) with the male lead. Watch this movie. Well worth the cash.

Celebrity Spotting

Unfortunately it wasn’t someone I’d shake hands with. I bet you guys heard that those faggoty Budak Belakang Jalan are coming right? Short one member but still kicking it, right? Well, whatever it is, while I was at Pyramid walking with Rushdi and Taqi, we saw that uh, A.J fella. The dude with the moustache. Alright, the dude with the whole set of facial hair and tattoos that can have him confused with an actual rock star.

Yeah, I think we saw A.J. Huge fella. Buff and everything. His girlfriend. Fuck… Like Taqi puts it, he’d rather fight A.J’s bodyguard and A.J ‘cause the girlfriend was freaking ass scary. I would agree as well. She'd probably rip out our arms and beat us to death with them.

I seriously wanted to kick him down the bloody stairs. Too bad his bodyguard was blocking the way. Shit. Ah well.

Fuck. Classes start so damn late. 3.30 only start! Peace out y’all.

No comments: