Friday, April 27, 2007

Stories to Tell and Poems to Write

Seriously, man... I could've kicked myself for not blogging earlier. Initially I wanted to wait for the pictures of the Good Charlotte concert that I went to on the 21st of April but Manil still hasn't sent me the pictures yet. I reminded him yesterday when I nipped by the cafeteria to check out the crowd. I saw Piumi and some of the Monash crowd as well. Unfortunately had to leave before could actually start a proper conversation with them because we were going to Pyramid. Alright, here's what happened so far

Good Charlotte

I wish I had pictures to boast about but my trustworthy 6230i's camera was not good enough to get some high quality pics so I decided not to upload them. Manil has them and I will upload it for all to see when I get them. Anyways, I went with Manil, Wen Kai, Wen Kai's girl, U-Jun and Ivan. I gave my other tickets to Joseph. I met up with Manil beforehand at college and Kai fetched us there. Initially we wanted to go there by four but one thing or another got in the way and we went at around 6 instead. Thank the Gods of Olympus that I had gotten those DiGi VIP tickets, man! The line for the DiGi VIP tickets was quite short when we got there, luckily. As we were approaching the line, we noticed a sign saying that umbrellas were prohibited in the premises and all that bullshit. Manil brought a bag containing an umbrella so we decided to hike it back to Kai’s car which was parked in another car park to put it back. We saw rather hot chicks there but other than that, there was nobody to boast about. After putting the bag in the car, we both hiked up all those stairs up to the line and saw Ivan and U-Jun had already joined Kai. Suddenly Joseph called me and told me he could see me. I called him over to our part of the line since we were in the front. Oddly enough, he said he arrived before we did. So why was he at the back?

Side Note: THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE GOT A PICTURE WITH JASON LO! I GAVE HIM THE TICKETS AND HE GETS ALL THE GLORY?! WTF!!!

Ahem… *Regains composure* We soon reached the part where we could enter and they tore the tickets and gave us some wrist bands instead to show that we paid already. They also gave us two inflatable MTV… dildos… Odd, indeed. Anyways, we waited a bit more and they started showing the MTV Live Good Charlotte commercials that we have seen over and over again on MTV, some Good Charlotte videos, including the new one, The River and some MTV News segments. Soon enough, MTV VJs, Denise, Utt, Colby and the MTV Jus presenter Fazura come out one by one and said some stuff, threw some free stuff. I would like to make it a point here that the Malaysian crowd, sorry, shouldn’t mean to insult my kinsmen… *ahem* The MALAY crowd (yes, being totally and brutally RACIST and HONEST here) is absolutely embarrassing. Here are a few events that happened…

1. There was this ass clown that was “trying” to start a mosh pit by seemingly jumping one foot left and right, knocking people. He finally stopped when a Chinese man asked in an extremely fierce voice if he wanted to fight.
2. The same guys started attempting to “crowd surf”. In reality they looked like they were tossing their guys to each other. Unfortunately neither mosh-pit-ing nor crowd surfing was popular in Malaysia yet so the crowd refused to participate in their idiotic antics.
3. PUSHING. REALLY HARD. If they wanted to get in front, practice proper time management and tactical maneuvers.


There. My 10 minutes of absolute honesty… and racism. The show opened with 3 local bands, One Buck Short, Estranged and Lo, in order, performing 5 songs each. I’m never going to diss local music again. It is absolutely amazing. I even loved “Itu Kamu” by Estranged, even if it was a malay song! Wow… We waited a bit longer after Lo’s last song and FINALLY Good Charlotte came out. The crowd went… partially ballistic because we were seriously tired after all that shouting, screaming, jumping and crap. They went and performed 15-odd songs, including the famous ones like Keep Your Hands Off My Girl, The Anthem, Predictable and the new one, The River. Right after their last song which was The Anthem, we immediately bailed out to get drinks. We were standing for 5 hours and a bit more, without food or water, sweating our balls dry and jumping, shouting and screaming like crap. And I gotta say… It was all worth it. You know why? The DiGi VIP tickets… Hahahaha… There was this one space, reserved for us. It was the CLOSEST to the stage. I swear. We were so close. We could see the whites of the performer’s eyes. We were THAT close. So, Shakir, Piumi, Mizna and Rushdi, the guys who I initially got the tickets for, you should go HANG YOURSELF for passing up such an incredible chance!

Valmanway/Salmon Waves

Initially I thought that Wednesday’s event was an audition… turns out it wasn’t. Peculiar. Oddly enough, soon later while attending the damn thing with my recently-fucked-up-but-just-got-repaired bass guitar, we all found out that we have only one song to perform since we were participating… in an unofficial… Battle of the Bands. How delightful. We gave the committee some personal information like, our names, for example. We did mention that we were previously different bands and formed about… a week ago. Hahahahaa… Absolutely hilarious. Anyways, we saw what the other bands (some not full set) had to offer and the prominent thing that they shown were that their vocalists (s) were absolutely FUCKING amazing. They definitely left Tee Yew coughing in their dust. However, I still think that we have a chance because we might be the only full piece band that is performing. If so, we will definitely be louder and have more Oomph! So far the final practice has been absolutely amazing. I must say that our progress is definitely faster than the progress I had with the Kurtz. It’s not about skill, it was more about… the time spent on the songs. I gotta say, for me, at that time, I had no idea whatsoever what notes were what notes on my guitar. Now that I know my guitar better, I would say that for me, it was cool! On the other hand, our current drummer is GOD-LIKE. Seriously, he can go far. Ah well… All the best to VALMANWAY!!!

Alright… A few more hours to prom itself… Ivan and Tee Yew’s gonna come to my place and we’re gonna spike our hair like mad. This reminds me of Good Charlotte’s first video that I’ve ever seen which was “Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous”. Haahahahahhaa… Alright then. Wish us the best of luck! I will post about Valmanway and prom later on! Peace out y’all!

No comments: