Thursday, March 11, 2010

inFAMOUS

For those of you that are not aware. I am a proud owner of a PS3 now. I can already see the comments telling me to buy games like FIFA, Winning Eleven, the latest not-so-final Final Fantasy 13 and dare I say Bioshock 2?

FF13. I'm gonna wait on the reviews. IGN, Gamespot, whatever. Everyone. Amateur ones even. 'cause after 8... and I had a hard time swallowing 8, it all went to bleeding hell and became FF the Sidequest.

Anyways, I'm here today to talk about one of the games I bought alongside my spanking new PS3, inFAMOUS.

It's not a very recent game nor is it too old, but it shows what the PS3 is capable of, in graphical terms. It's a very beautiful game at that. The way the lightning bolts shoot out of Cole's hand and onto those pesky Reapers and how they fly while being coated in a bright electrical net... amazing.

Voice acting's alright. Doesn't leave you cringing or anything. I've played some games with HORRENDOUS voice acting. Repetitive and monotone voices that try to sound cool that fail epicly.

Gameplay. At first I hated inFAMOUS because there was no auto-aim function but now I've gotten used to the aiming and the moving and so on. The moves provided also give you a lot more freedom when it comes to fighting as the moves become either more accurate, explosive or downright just friggin' awesome. Seeing as inFAMOUS is a sandbox game, travelling style for a city landscape must be hard, right? No. No cars. Nothing. Just pure, electrifying grinding on power lines and train tracks. Awesome.

Story's good. I've read bits and pieces here and there, I get the gist of it but I think there's more to it so it kinda keeps you guessing. The story's divided up by the amount of storyline missions you take. Basically the world just stops when you're doing everything else, whether it's collecting Blast Shards (think GTA Hidden Packages),  gunning down random gang members that threaten the peace or doing side missions to take back the city. The karma system ultimately decides which ending you get, but does little else to the storyline along the way. I was hoping your choices in the game would affect a lot more than it does right now but meh... I'm not too heartbroken about it.

In the end, it's a solid game and worth whatever needed to pay for these original games these days. I'm still all for piracy but I suppose these days you can only rely on that for things that aren't too complex like making Blu-Ray discs or cars. You can always rely on it for soft copies for movies, TV series, music and shoes with funny names.

A'ite then. I'm off. Remember, March 16th -  God of War 3 is out. Pity this ain't Aussieland otherwise I would've booked that mafacker by now and got all those sweet pre-booked goodies.

Peace.

No comments: