Thursday, September 10, 2009

Up



Anyone spotted the Star Wars reference there?

Man, everyone's talking about this bleedin' movie and yeah, I now know why now. This has got to be one of Pixar's finest, and seriously, I'm a real bitch when it comes to these animation movies, so to call Up one of Pixar's finest is a real stretch for me.

The progression of that old dude from a young kid, marrying his childhood friend, growing old and eventually ending up alone was a tad sad for the bunch I was watching with. Like I told them, it's not that sad once you accept such a fate as an inevitability.

So anyways, yeah, it starts off on a rather sad note, and the action picks up later on. Not gonna spoil much of it but I suppose I'm one of the last few people that have watched this flick. Man... those dogs! Insanely funny. Especially when the Alpha first comes onto the screen... you thought the dude'd sound like Vader but dude sounds like he had helium for lunch.

Ol' Spiky's Rating - 5/5 Awesome movie. Nuff' said.

Lacking behind a bit on the news here. I've been way too preoccupied with Dissidia, work and cleaning the house. Yeah, in that order. Dissidia just keeps giving and giving and giving. So much shit to unlock, so much levels to gain, just so much more footage to watch! It has the right amount of push and pull right there. It keeps it challenging enough for you to say, "I can beat this guy!" and it gives you just the right amount without being overfulfilled or underfulfilled. But let's save the details for another post shall we?

Oh yeah... I'm missing the post on Mt. Buller too. I'll probably post it up when my quota comes back on.

Peace.

No comments: